Sunday, November 18, 2007

Adios!

After three months, blogging about the Latino film industry has come to an end!

Going into this experience, I was apprehensive and unsure about the blogging process. I had no idea how blogs even worked outside of what you see on myspace, which usually boils down to a lot of dramatics. After picking my topic of the film industry and its ties to Latino culture, I was immediately kicking myself...

How was I supposed to keep this up for a whole semester?

Suprisingly, this task was not only mind opening but difficult because of the abundence of information. The opposite of the problems I was envisioning at the beginning of this assignment.
Thre was a history to this part of the film industry that was worth telling and so much progression with the stars of today to introduce, the selection process was difficult.

Through blogging, I learned not only how to go about finding something worth blogging about every week but also the online essentials I will need if I want to pursue a career with journalism.

To the students of the journalism department at UA...I recommend you consider this class for your capstone. The amount of freedom you have in this class as well as the technology you learn that is essential to journalism today is priceless.

Online journalism is here to stay and why not get a head start by having your own blog with on the Border Beat?

No comments: